After all the rush of Thanksgiving are you feeling run down and did you eat too much at all the celebrations? Did you run around all weekend trying to get the best shopping deals, or did you just spend all day on the couch watching football on TV? Perhaps you travelled long distances and slept in a strange bed that wasn’t your own. Any one of those things could be the reason why you are feeling a bit off color.
The basis of our health are our immune systems, and when it comes to our overall wellness and happiness, our immune systems have a big role to play. It is the immune system that defends the body against infectious organisms and other invaders, through an immune response process. As invading organisms and substances enter the body working to cause disease, they are immediately attacked by the immune response. There are many sources that can weaken the immune system including stress, poor diet or overeating, sedentary lifestyle, such as watching TV all day, lack of sleep and many more.
So then what can we, at Innovative Chiropractic, do to help? Making sure our brain and nervous system are correctly managing all bodily systems, is the main focus of Chiropractic. The nervous system, the immune system and the endocrine system have a strong connection, and when they are working well together our bodies are kept resilient and strong. However, if one is hampered the others have to counteract, and this is what causes that bogged down feeling.
At Innovative Chiropractic we examine the spine for subluxations and with corrective adjustments, we are able to reduce the stress on the nervous system, which then has a positive impact on the immune system.
Here are some extra tips for you to stay healthy this holiday season so that you are prepared for some of these interferences to your immune system that may develop.
- Get adjusted. Make sure your nervous system is free of restrictions by coming to see us regularly at Innovative Chiropractic to get checked.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- Stay active by doing something you enjoy.
- Remember to drink lots of water.
- Be sure to get a good night’s sleep.
- Choose healthy foods such as fruit and fresh vegetables.
- Soak up as much sun as you can, or at this time of the year with little sun, take vitamin D supplements, because this vitamin is essential to keep our immune system working at its best.
With the cold weather, the get-togethers, and of course the threat of COVID, we all need the best immune system we can get. Call us at Innovative Chiropractic in Mill Creek, WA to get chiropractic care that will maximize your health and wellness this holiday season.